What is music transcription?
Music transcription is generating the music notation sheet out of a given input music recording. Following diagram shows the process of music transcription.
There are two basic types of music transcriptions.
- Monophonic music transcription - In polyphonic music there can be only one instrument played at any given instance within the music recording. Monophonic music transcription is transcribing a monophonic music recording.
- Polyphonic music transcription - In polyphonic music there can be several instruments played at any given instance in music recording. Polyphonic music transcription is transcribing a polyphonic music recording.
- Identifies notes
- Identifies Instruments
Main features of Miyaesi are
- Generating music notes out of music recording.
- Detecting dominant instruments in each notes.
- Creating a playable MIDI file.
- Voice removal from music recordings.
- Generating a printable notation sheet.
- Estimation of a key signature.
- Notes and MIDI file editing facilities.
- Playing original and Midi files with notes displaying notes simultaneously.
Out of these features the most important feature is the instrument identification. Even though there are some research publications available on instrument classification area there are no good implementations for that. Miyaesi gain the advantage with this unique feature among other music transcribers.
Miyaesi is an opensource project where any one who is interested can contribute to the project. You can download Miyeasi and try its unique features.